The Blessing Bowl for Meaningful Moments includes a 4" beautifully hand-crafted bowl, 10 stones, and a mat displaying the 10 included stones. You can place the stones on the mat while sharing meaningful moments. The stones were chosen and designed to encourage thoughts about times in our everyday lives that give us meaningful moments. Relationships strengthen within the family and the community when we provide an opportunity for caring conversations. The 10 stones included with this Blessing Bowl for Meaningful Moments are: Care, Remembering, Gratitude, Valley Lows, Mountain Highs, Sacred, Quests, Beginnings and Completions, Loss, and a Blank one for you to name a significant topic you would like to include as part of the conversation. The ceramic stones that you place in the bowl depict various family faith milestones. The symbol on each stone also corresponds with the same symbol featured on the mat. Each stone has its own meaning, such as beginnings, gratitude, remembering, quest, loss, etc. When you hold one of these stones, you are invited to share your stories, thoughts, and prayers relating to the stone's meaning. Place the bowl in the family room, by the dinner table, or next to the bed, any place you might see it, and reflect on the many milestones in your life. This simple bowl filled with stones is a perfect reminder to share our faith storeis with our families, and an excellent way to begin meaningful conversations with guests. The 4 inch ceramic bowl and stones are individually made, hand-painted, and glazed by artist Dawn Deines-Christensen.SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO USE THE BLESSING BOWL SET:
*Note: Design in bowls may vary. All are symbols of the Christian faith.
- At a family gathering, invite each person to pick a stone and share a recent milestone experience.
- Carry a stone in your pocket as a reminder of the people and the God whose love goes with you.
- Pick a stone at random and pray for the life situation that comes to mind.
- Pass the blessing bowl at the dinner table and have every family member choose a stone to share a story of his or her day.
- Have children match the stones to the pictures on the mat. Discuss the meaning of each stone.
- Build a collection by adding a pebble, shell, or small memento to the bowl that holds a special memory.