The Faith Formation Blessing Bowl Set includes
a single four inch beautifully hand-crafted ceramic bowl and six faith practice
pottery stones which can last a lifetime. The individually
hand-crafted faith practice stones are about 1.5 inches in width and sized to
fit in the blessing bowl*. The stones were chosen to represent the faith
practices that are the most effective in developing, nurturing, and sustaining
life-long faith formation. These essential faith practices articulate a
foundational spirituality that shapes the lives of Christians. Faith is formed
through relationships, and those relationships engage in fundamental Christian
practices. These basic faith practices are evident in Scripture, church history, and modern research. It is through practices that faith becomes
life-long and lived out from generation to generation.
set complements every Milestone Ministry Module, Moment, Taking Faith Home guide for faith-filled conversations, and Taking Faith Home card set. In addition to the Four Key Faith Practices of
Caring Conversations, Devotions, Service, and Rituals and Traditions that are
found at the heart of Milestones Ministry resources, we have added the joy of
musical expression through music and singing and the personal relationship building of
sharing mountain-high and valley-low experiences. This Faith Formation Blessing Bowl Set can be used by itself as a physical and beautiful guide to practice
faith formation in the congregation and the home. It can also be used as a supporting resource when using Milestone Modules, Moments, weekly Taking Faith Home discussion guides, and Taking Faith Home card sets. The ceramic bowl and stones are individually made, hand-painted,
and glazed by Liturgical Artist Dawn Deines-Christensen.
ON HOW TO USE THE FAITH FORMATION
BLESSING BOWL SET:
*Note: Design in bowls may vary. All are symbols of the Christian faith.
- Purchase a Faith Formation Blessing Bowl Set for
every child baptized in your congregation. At the baptism, give the parents the
set as a beautiful gift and practical reminder of the promises they made to God to teach their child the Christian faith.
If the congregation does not provide this type
of baptismal gift, consider this set as a personal gift from the parents,
grandparents, baptismal sponsors, or godparents of the newly baptized.
- Consider providing a Faith Formation Blessing Bowl Set
along with a Milestones Moment for the home to each of your
congregational families to strengthen family relationships and encourage faith formation.
- At the beginning of confirmation training provide
each confirmand’s family a set to use in the home as an intentional way for
families to grow in their faith together during the confirmation period and
afterward for life-long faith formation.
- Use with Taking Faith Home weekly guides for faith-filled conversations for Bible study. Be creative in using the stones as you experience each faith practice.
- This Faith Formation Blessing Bowl Set supports the agenda of any Christian leadership or small group meeting.
It is a visual reminder of the importance of faith formation being at the
core of the meeting, such as:
Formation Team meeting
Staff meeting or retreat
- Bible Study or Sunday School classes
leadership team meetings
of any Milestone module or moment in the life of the congregation
of any Milestone moment for the home.
- The bowl set can be used alongside Taking Faith Home guides for faith-filled conversations in homes to extend the message throughout the
week to encourage daily faith formation.
- Taking Faith Home card sets can be used alongside the bowl set as a visual and tactile way to experience faith practices in small group settings and the home.
- Purchase as a meaningful and beautiful gift for
friends and family members for Lent, Easter, Christmas, or other special occasions.